[OpenAFS] Solaris and AFS

Charles Clancy security@xauth.net
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:49:20 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, John Rudd wrote:

> However, under Solaris (2.6, 7, and 8 at least), this seperation doesn't
> occur.  In the above case with one UID logged in twice, renewing your
> tokens in one session DOES bennefit the other session.  Or, in the above
> web server example, we also have a solaris web server which can be
> refreshed from an external session that runs as the same UID.
> Convenient, but not very secure.

pam_afs.so will automatically get a PAG for you.  If you're klog-ing by
hand, you'll need to "klog -setpag".  Also, a few releases back, the
-setpag on klog was broken, so make sure you use a recent release.

Authenticated webservers could be started with a script similar to:

#!/bin/sh
case "$1" in
    start)
	pagsh -c 'klog wwwuser -passwd xxx; apachectl start'
        ;;
    *)
	apachectl $*
        ;;

(of course, you'd want to specify the full path for all those commands)

[ t charles clancy ]--[ tclancy@uiuc.edu ]--[ www.uiuc.edu/~tclancy ]