[OpenAFS] Emacs, Gnus or AFS problem (file to large)

Turbo Fredriksson turbo@bayour.com
04 Feb 2003 09:49:07 +0100

One of my users - coincidently (?) the same one that have problem
with the volume every now and then (see previous posts from me) -
now have a problem with GNUS (mail reader in Emacs).

When fetching mails and splitting them up into 'mailboxes', it (gnus)
dies with the error

Opening output file: file to large, /afs/bayour.com/user/sundqvist/malin/.Mail/debian/user/english/64852

Before that, it loads the '.emacs-mail-crash-box' (why there is one
I don't know). The first mail in this file is only a 69 line (3k)
mail. Removing this, it dies on the second (now first) mail...

I am also using GNUS, and I've never seen this problem, GNUS work
fine for me...

So either she's doing something weird (since she's the only one
having problem with the home volume) or there's a bug somewhere...

Debian GNU/Linux os, OpenAFS 1.2.7-1 (-1 is the Debian version) and
linux kernel 2.4.17 with some extra patches (XFS v1.0.2, LVM v1.0.3
neither of which is in use any more).