[OpenAFS] poor out of cache behavior on writing

Neulinger, Nathan nneul@umr.edu
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:24:19 -0600

I wonder if something as simple as "track the total bytes written to a
particular file while that file is currently open, once it exceeds x% of
the cache, bypass" would perform reasonably?

It wouldn't help the small cases.

Another possible scenario would be assume bypass until the file has been
read once. That would cause all initial creates to bypass, but later
appends/edits would return to normal speed.=20