[OpenAFS] Questions about AFS usage

Samuel Freiberg SFreiberg@lookandfeel.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:25:09 -0600

I'm very new to afs so forgive me if these questions have been asked to
death. First let me describe what I would like to do. I would like to set up
an AFS server to share common files for our servers. For instance if we have
load balanced servers I would like them to have a single directory so I
don't have to have multiple copies. I know I can sync the directories but
I'd rather not. A lot of the features of AFS are very appealing but I don't
see how I can deal with losing tokens all the time. Am I perhaps trying to
use AFS for something it wasn't intended or am I missing something? Any
guidance is greatly appreciated. Oh, I should also note that I would like to
do this on Windows servers as well as Linux and Solaris servers. Thanks.

+Samuel Freiberg
+-(816)472-7878 x 236
+--www.lookandfeel.com
+---Senior Systems Administrator

"Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the
simplicity." -- Dennis Ritchie