[OpenAFS] Solaris 9 compilation

Simon Kuhn sak8@eecs.cwru.edu
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:46:29 -0500

I'm attempting to compile openafs-1.2.8 for Solaris 9/SPARC 12/02 using Sun
Forte 7 with the latest patches, and have run into some trouble.

Everything seems to compile except for vfsck, which does the following:

 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -o vfsck  -w -I/spare/openafs-1.2.8/src/config -I/spare
/openafs-1.2.8/include -dy -Bdynamic dir.c inode.c main.c pass1.c pass1b.c pass2
.c pass3.c pass4.c pass5.c setup.c utilities.c ufs_subr.c ufs_tables.c dirutils.
c vprintf.c proplist.c  -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lintl -ldl \
                ;;                                      \
esac
dir.c:
inode.c:
main.c:
pass1.c:
pass1b.c:
pass2.c:
pass3.c:
pass4.c:
pass5.c:
setup.c:
"setup.c", line 676: undefined struct/union member: fs_rlink
"setup.c", line 676: improper member use: fs_rlink
cc: acomp failed for setup.c
utilities.c:
ufs_subr.c:
ufs_tables.c:
dirutils.c:
vprintf.c:
proplist.c:
make: *** [setup.o] Error 2

I haven't been able to determine if vfsck is supposed to compile on Solaris,
because Makefile.in seems to have a rule to exclude it from compilation
(although the rule is for sun*_4* which doesn't actually match sun4x_59).
However, it is included in the binary tarball for Solaris 9 on www.openafs.org.

Wouldn't a file system without fsck be a bad idea to use in a production
environment? What are other people using Solaris doing about this?

Incidentally, where are the files in that binary tarball supposed to go? And
has the latest version been built for a EA version of Solaris 9 (as the mailing
list suggests) or a release? Do the developers need access to a Solaris 9
workstation or something (I run around 30)?

Thanks,

Simon Kuhn
UNIX Admin
EECS Dept.