[OpenAFS] Debian install question

Nicholas Rattenbury nrat001@phy.auckland.ac.nz
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 08:45:35 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi all,

I have a problem installing openafs on my debian 2.2.14 system. Here are
the steps I go through:

1.
I add the following two lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.0.3 debian-2.2/
deb-src http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.0.3 debian-2.2/

2.
I run apt-get update ... ok

3.
I run apt-get install openafs-modules-source. I get this message:

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  openafs-modules-source
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 3393kB of archives. After unpacking 3453kB will be used.
Get:1 http://www.openafs.org debian-2.2/ openafs-modules-source
1.0.3-0.potato1 [3393kB]
Fetched 3393kB in 5m5s (11.1kB/s)
Failed to fetch
http://www.openafs.org/dl/openafs/1.0.3/debian-2.2//openafs-modules-source_1.0.3-0.potato1_all.deb
  MD5Sum mismatch
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe try with --fix-missing?

4.
I tried again with apt-get -m install openafs-modules-source but that
didn't change anything other than the last error line.

I'd appreciate any and all help!!

Many thanks,

Nick

Nicholas  Rattenbury