[OpenAFS] Stop and Startup AFS Manually on Mac OS X

Alexei Kosut akosut@cs.stanford.edu
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:19:36 -0600

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 02:57  PM, Will Sun wrote:
> =A0=A0=A0 After manual startup of AFS, the kernel extension was =
reloaded and=20
> AFS worked for command line operations only, but GUI not always work.
>
> =A0=A0=A0 I wondered may be I didn't stop AFS cleanly, or I may need =
some=20
> more steps during stop and/or startup.=A0 Anyone has the same or =
similar=20
> experiences for stop and startup AFS on OS X?=A0 I would appreciate =
any=20
> helps.

There may be a way to do this reliably, but I was never able to get the=20=

OpenAFS module to cleanly unload and reload on Mac OS X.  When I need=20
to do this, I usually just reboot a lot.

Is there a particular reason you want to stop and start OpenAFS=20
manually? Maybe there's some other option you can consider.

--=20
Alexei Kosut <akosut@cs.stanford.edu> <http://cs.stanford.edu/~akosut/>