[OpenAFS] General instability on Windows

Peter Schuller peter.schuller@infidyne.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:29:57 +0100

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

> shutdown and restart of the service (with a cache delete).  It's really=
=20
> kinda silly, just pulling the network cable from a lan connected machine=
=20
> can cause the service to lock-up.

That would be consistent with what I've seen. I can live with that
though; but it would be nice if it wouldn't crash under "normal"
circumstances :)

AFS is a great solution. The only two major problems at the moment for
use in the Windows worls seem to be the stability of the client and the
lack of range locks on files.

--=20

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey@scode.org