[OpenAFS] negative size from vos listvol?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:39:04 -0800

Stephen R Rogers <Stephen.R.Rogers@Dartmouth.edu> writes:

> On one of my linux afs servers (RH7.1, openafs 1.2.6) I find a negative
> "K On-line" for one volume and its .backup from vos listvol:

> nml.data.ocean.ksarch             536886704 RW   -4162127 K On-line
> nml.data.ocean.ksarch.backup      536886706 BK   -4162127 K On-line

> I do not seem to find any errors in the various logs. The files on the
> volume seem to be 'normal' and backups are not complaining. Any
> suggestions about what could cause this and how to fix it would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

We've seen this happen from time to time.  Salvaging the volume (which can
be done by running salvager by hand on the file server in question, giving
only that partition and volume ID, without requiring a file server
shutdown) fixes the problem.