[OpenAFS] Some niewbie questions and problems

Jerome Walter walter+openafs@efrei.fr
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:32:30 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to set up an AFS server on a machine with MIT krb5 authentication
already running. Machine is running GNU/Debian woody.

Following the different (but few) documentation available, i followed the
steps below :
patching kernel for afs.

apt-get install openafs-* (except openafs-kpasswd).

created a key salted with des-cbc-crc:v4 for
afs/eleves.efrei.fr@ELEVES.EFREI.FR

asetkey add 2 -k file afs/eleves.efrei.fr

The superuser for afs is afsadm.

When kinit afsadm, i can get tickets without problem, but running aklog -c
eleves.efrei.fr -k ELEVES.EFREI.FR gives me :

   Authenticating to cell eleves.efrei.fr (server cerbere.es.efrei.fr).
   We were told to authenticate to realm ELEVES.EFREI.FR.
   Getting tickets: afs/eleves.efrei.fr@ELEVES.EFREI.FR
   About to resolve name afsadm to id in cell eleves.efrei.fr.
   Id 32766
   Set username to afsadm
   Setting tokens. afsadm /  @ ELEVES.EFREI.FR
   aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell eleves.efrei.fr (status: a pioctl
   failed).

Shouldn't the id be 0 ?
What is the problem with the pioctl ?

Every few seconds, i have the following error message displayed at screen :
   FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
What is the service not running that should be ?

I assume i messed up somewhere, any clue ?

Finally, vos create cerbere a root.afs -localauth nor -noauth are working
   Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
   Possible communication failure
   Possible communication failure

Has anyone installed it using only Debian stable packages and could give me
hints for installing the proper way ?

TIA

Jerome Walter, stuck.

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors