[OpenAFS] Some niewbie questions and problems

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
08 Jul 2003 10:20:56 -0400

Jerome Walter <walter+openafs@efrei.fr> writes:

> created a key salted with des-cbc-crc:v4 for
> afs/eleves.efrei.fr@ELEVES.EFREI.FR
>
> asetkey add 2 -k file afs/eleves.efrei.fr

Hmm, are you sure it's 2, and not 3?  the 'ktadd' will usually increase the
kvno.  I would check just to make sure...

> The superuser for afs is afsadm.
>
> When kinit afsadm, i can get tickets without problem, but running aklog -c
> eleves.efrei.fr -k ELEVES.EFREI.FR gives me :
>
>    Authenticating to cell eleves.efrei.fr (server cerbere.es.efrei.fr).
>    We were told to authenticate to realm ELEVES.EFREI.FR.
>    Getting tickets: afs/eleves.efrei.fr@ELEVES.EFREI.FR
>    About to resolve name afsadm to id in cell eleves.efrei.fr.
>    Id 32766
>    Set username to afsadm
>    Setting tokens. afsadm /  @ ELEVES.EFREI.FR
>    aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell eleves.efrei.fr (status: a pioctl
>    failed).
>
> Shouldn't the id be 0 ?

Well, what ID did you install the PT database?

> What is the problem with the pioctl ?

Do you have the client running?  You need a running client to 'aklog'

> Every few seconds, i have the following error message displayed at screen :
>    FSYNC_clientInit temporary failure (will retry): Connection refused
> What is the service not running that should be ?

Sounds like you're missing a service.  What services do you have running?

> I assume i messed up somewhere, any clue ?

Sounds like ptserver isn't set up, or you may be missing another service.

> Finally, vos create cerbere a root.afs -localauth nor -noauth are working
>    Could not fetch the list of partitions from the server
>    Possible communication failure
>    Possible communication failure

Are you running a volserver?

> Has anyone installed it using only Debian stable packages and could give me
> hints for installing the proper way ?

Nope, sorry.  I dont do debian.

> TIA
>
> Jerome Walter, stuck.