[OpenAFS] OpenAFS on Linux 2.5.x

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
17 Jul 2003 15:38:37 -0400

Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> writes:

> I don't see why a pag would need to be file system specific.  I'm not even
> convinced the creds need to be, but I'm willing to believe it.

The reason a pag needs to be file system specific is that you may want
different subsets of processes to be in the same auth group in
different file systems.  For example, assume you have three processes,
A, B, and C.  You may want A and B to share a PAG for AFS, but B and C
to share a PAG for NFS.

-derek