[OpenAFS] Wireless and AFS

Harald Pobloth Harald.Pobloth@s3.kth.se
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 13:21:56 +0100

Hi,

I have trouble using AFS with a wireless network card, the following is
the setup:

-Ad-Hoc wirelesse network between two IBM Thinkpads
-Shared broadband connection on primary machine
-WinXP Pro SP1 on both machines
-D-Link DWL 650+ cards on both of them
-OpenAFS 1.2.8a on client machine

The problem is as follows:
I can start AFS on the secondary machine (the one which is not connected
directly to the broadband) and read/write files. After a short time the
files under AFS are no more available (I/O error in emacs, similar stuff
in other programs).
When restarting AFS (Stop / Start in Client window) the problem goes
away for a short time again.
All other programs (explorer, e-mail, messenger programs) have no
trouble whatsoever with the network. The problem does not appear on the
primary machine or on the secondary machine if I connect it straight to
the broadband.

Anyone with a hint?
Would be really greatful!!
Harald