[OpenAFS] Re: Feasibility: Kerberos+OpenAFS for _MacOS_X_10.2_? -- Issues with Finder?

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith@ieee.org
25 Mar 2003 08:20:28 -0500

On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 16:49, chas williams wrote:
> it doesnt include aklog, but you can link aklog against the
> kerberos libraries provided by macos x.

Yeah, I'm reading up on that.  How to integrate it into the GUI login,
etc...

Now are there any issues with Finder?

I read a few things that would be applicable to portable units where
Finder keeps trying to access a (past?) OpenAFS mount when the unit is
disconnected from the network.

Can that be avoided by not integrating aklog into the GUI login?  Again,
my ignorance of OpenAFS comes into play.  Plus I'm still learning the
specific details of MacOS X's NetInfo, how it logs people in and
associates Finder.

If there is a MacOS X list that would be a better place to post these
questions, please let me know.  Thanx.

--
Bryan J. Smith        (suffix-free title for your protection)
mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org                http://www.thebs.org