1.2.9 unstable ? (was [OpenAFS] inaccessibble volume - please help)

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 09:55:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 8 May 2003 jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de wrote:

> I changed two things. First I upgraded from Linux kernel
> 2.4.21-rc1-ac2 to 2.4.21-rc1-ac4 (there was at least an
> IDE hang at shutdown in the previous version)
>
> and I think more importantly I stepped back to OpenAFS 1.2.8
> and all my problems went away immediately.
>
> Has anybody experienced similar problems with 1.2.9 ?

I know there are bugs in 1.2.9, but the problem you described was a
fileserver incompletely dying. A reboot would cure it. Did the fileserver
die again on the next boot? Can you quantify the instability at all?