[OpenAFS] Inconsistent Cell Info

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
22 May 2003 23:55:32 -0400

The process I use:

        copy the KeyFile, CellServDB, and ThisCell
        add the new server to the existing two servers.
        restart the two servers and wait for them to elect quorum
        start the third server.

This should get the databases over to the third server.

Most likely the error you are getting is due to inconsistent
databases, probably because the wrong machine became the master,
or because you tried to copy the .db files by hand.

-derek