[OpenAFS] OpenAFS support plans for redhat and fedora

Christopher Arnold chris@pictage.com
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 10:53:12 -0800

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Christopher Arnold <chris@pictage.com> writes:
>

>>There's been a lot of discussion at my company regarding which direction
>>we are planning on
>>going now that RedHat has announced it's new enterprise business
>>initiatives in the coming year.
>>I was just curious as to whether or not there are plans to support the
>>Fedora project or
>>RH enterprise version 3 or both.  Just trying to get a feel for what
>>impact to upgrades we might
>>expect running OpenAFS on redhat linux.
>>

>Are you asking about OpenAFS source compatibility or Binary RPM
>Distribution If the former, please stop reading now, I'm only going to
>talk about the latter (being the RPM maintainer).

I was asking generally about both package management and source
compatibility.  According to RedHat's website they're
 planning only 1 release per year of RHEL and 3 releases per year of
Fedora.  I just wanted to get a general idea of how much
things *really* will change between the two and how the developers feel
about supporting two release cycles where there
was once one.  I guess, as you wisely suggested, we'll have to take a
'wait and see' attitude for a release or two of each.

Thanks for replying!

--
Christopher Arnold
Systems Administrator                E-Mail:  Chris at Pictage.com