[OpenAFS] vos release problem

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:54:02 -0500 (EST)

I suspect I know the change that caused it, and unfortunately it's a
legitimate bug fix, which means fixing it exposed some other problem which
is actually causing this.

The bug has actually been on my "active" queue on and off recently but I
wasn't aware anyone else was seeing it.

The bugfix, incidentally, is this:
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/STABLE12-volser-ros-use-parent-id-20030512
and what it fixes is a case where *sometimes* a file would get the wrong
salvage dirhandle set and thus fail to be associated with the correct
volumeid.

Thank you for the simpler test case. Hopefully I will have an answer soon.