[OpenAFS] kth-krb, openssh w. afs support on fedora core

Chaskiel M Grundman cg2v@andrew.cmu.edu
Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:23:26 -0400

--On Wednesday, October 08, 2003 18:04:35 -0400 David Botsch
<dwb7@ccmr.cornell.edu> wrote:

> They look the same, unless I've just been staring at this way too long..
The strings are the same, but it's treated as a different type

> krb-protos.h:175: warning: `struct des_ks_struct' declared inside
> parameter list
> krb-protos.h:175: warning: its scope is only this
> definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want
What this means is that 'struct ks_struct' is defined as a type in the
parameter list, but then immediately goes out of scope, so the next time
the compiler sees the string, it treats it as a different type. One way of
making _this particular error_ go  away would be to put

struct des_ks_struct;

somewhere above the declaration of krb_check_auth in krb-protos.h, but if
you do that, something else will certainly break later on in the build,
since the type still has no definition. The easiest thing to do is to
modify /usr/include/openssl/des_old.h (or krb.h or krb.hin if you want to
do it that way) and add

#define des_ks_struct _ossl_old_des_ks_struct

somewhere around line 239