[OpenAFS] fs mkmount ??

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:22:54 -0500

On Friday, April 02, 2004 07:00:08 -0800 Arthur Grotz <maduser@linux.net>
wrote:

> I have strange problem. I created root AFS volume using:
> vos create -server et1.aa.bb.cc.dd -partition /vicepa -name root.afs -
> cell xx.bb.cc.dd -noauth I have already '/vicepa' on separate partition
> (ext2)
> when I try:
> fs mkmount /afs/xx.bb.cc.dd root.afs
> system error: fs:'/afs/xx.bb.cc.dd': No such device
> What it means ? Where is the problem ?

'root.afs' is the name of the volume that corresponds to /afs.
If a volume with that name did not already exist when you started the
client, then it is likely to be confused and not let you access anything.
Having created root.afs, you will need to restart the client.

Also, you probably don't want to also mount root.afs at /afs/cell.name.
Traditionally, the volume mounted there is called 'root.cell'.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer