[OpenAFS] SUN Solaris package for Openafs.

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:06:26 -0700

Jeffrey Hutzelman <jhutz@cmu.edu> writes:

> Really, I'm inclined to prefer a filesystem layout that is consistent
> with existing practice on each platform, rather than one that is
> consistent across platforms but makes no sense on any of them.

Yup, likewise.  And I prefer to see stuff managed by the system package
manager go into system directories, at least on Linux (which has a pretty
standard policy, in the FHS, of putting all binaries into /usr/bin or
/usr/sbin if they're managed by the package management system).