[OpenAFS] OpenAFS backup to TSM on Solaris 9 platforms

Nicolescu, Edward L edward@bnl.gov
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:51:47 -0400

Folks,

I have configured a Solaris 9 afs fileserver running OpenAFS 1.2.11. The
only problem I have so far
is not being able to get butc to connect to our TSM 5.2 server. The error I
am getting is listed
below:

203 root@rafs12% butc -p 3
XBSA Password has been read
XBSA server is rtsm.rcf.bnl.gov
XBSA node is RAFS12
XBSA type is TSM
xbsa_Initialize: The XBSAInit call failed with 12
     XBSA: A specified keyword is invalid
InitToServer: Unable to initialize the XBSA library to server
rtsm.rcf.bnl.gov
     butx: XBSA initialization of the XBSA interface failed

However, I checked the keywords listed in the /usr/afs/backup/CFG_3 file and
all look fine to me...
Before I start digging further, is OpenAFS 1.2.11 able to handle TSM backups
on Solaris 9 or
not ?  The IBM AFS 3.6 Patch 9.1 README file states that butc is supported
for TSM 5.1.5
and TSM 5.2 on Solaris 9 but I could not find anywhere a document to state
the same for OpenAFS.
If a kind soul could shed some light on this issue, I would very much
appreciate it. Thanks.

Edward Nicolescu
Brookhaven National Labs