[OpenAFS] afs: failed to store file (145)

Robert Petkus rpetkus@bnl.gov
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 13:04:20 -0400

Folks,
I'm having a problem copying files in AFS that exceed the threshold
specified for cachemanager.  For example, I have an openafs 1.2.11
client and server on the same system (Solaris 2.9).  The cache is set at
750Mb.  I try to copy a 1Gb file and at ~750Mb the fileserver crashes
and I get the error:

afs: Lost contact with file server x.x.x. in cell rhic.bnl.gov (all
multi-homed ip addresses down for the server)
cp: vola4/Bonnie.9126: Invalid argument
afs: failed to store file (145)

I receive the same error when attempting the copy from other openafs
clients.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Robert