FW: [OpenAFS] afs: failed to store file (145)

Wheeler, JF (Jonathan) J.F.Wheeler@rl.ac.uk
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:42:26 +0100

I have seen problems copying files if the size of the cache configured in
/usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo is more than 90% of the size of the cache
filesystem.  For example on one of our (Linux) systems:

[a] $ cat /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo
/afs:/usr/vice/cache:100000
[a] $ df -k /usr/vice/cache
/dev/hda6               116648     93038     17588  85% /afscache

Note that 100000 / 116648 = .857

The cache size can be checked using a command like "fs getcacheparms" and
reset using "fs setcachesize"

Jonathan Wheeler
e-Science Centre
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory