[OpenAFS] Weird issue with @sys on RH9 and RHEL3 systems with OpenAFS 1.2.10

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 26 Apr 2004 13:31:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Renata Maria Dart wrote:

> Hi, the following @sys problem occurs on RedHat 9 and RHEL 3 systems
> under OpenAFS 1.2.10.  It is not clear to us whether this is a
> RedHat problem or an OpenAFS issue, so I thought I would post to
> the list see what you think...
>
> If there is a subdirectory i386_linux24 in AFS space, both RH9 and
> RHEL3 systems get confused if you try to cd @sys.  An ls @sys works
> fine, and if the @sys subdirectory is a link you can cd to it with
> no problem.  The following was done on a RHEL 3 machine named noric04
> running OpenAFS 1.2.10.  First an attempt to cd @sys where @sys is
> not a link:
>
> renata@noric04 $ 9:21 fs sysname
> Current sysname list is 'i386_rhel30' 'i386_linux24'

You're using sysname lists. There was a bug related to this, I don't
remember the details. However, if you're able to try 1.3.63 and see if
it's fixed, please do. Either way I can probably find the details
somewhere.

You probably need something like
http://www.openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/linux-dentry-revalidate-make-sysname-lists-work-20030924
plus