[OpenAFS] integrated logon for Solaris and AFS

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 17:18:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, J S wrote:

> Well I'm a bit closer now! I set up the pam module but when I logged in
> successfully I was then prompted for the "AFS password: "
> This is how I have things set up at the moment with pam_unix.so.1 as
> required and pam_afs.so.1 as optional.
>
> login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_unix.so.1
> login   auth required   /usr/lib/security/pam_dial_auth.so.1
> login   auth optional   /usr/lib/security/pam_afs.so.1

pam_unix.so must be "sufficient" and not "required" unless the local
password for the user is the same as their afs password. i don't know what
dial_auth is but i assume same deal. if you make that change you should
also make pam_afs sufficient not optional