[OpenAFS] Linux kernel panic, OpenAFS, gconf

Miles Davis miles@cs.stanford.edu
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:07:42 -0700

And one more data point for my gconf/kernel crash problem: it only seems
to happen on SMP systems. I can't reproduce it on single-processor
systems, even if I run more than one job. If I run only one job at a time
on an SMP system, no crash either. If I run more than one job in parallel
on the SMP system, kernel panic (can't run fstrace either, as that causes
*instant* kernel panic when running the job, or the moment the job starts
up.)

--
// Miles Davis - miles@cs.stanford.edu - http://www.cs.stanford.edu/~miles
// Computer Science Department - Computer Facilities