[OpenAFS] no quorom elected again

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 09:57:27 -0400

On Friday, April 30, 2004 08:46:55 -0400 Ted Anderson
<TedAnderson@mindspring.com> wrote:

> On 4/30/2004 08:29, J S wrote:
>> # vos move -id logs.proxy -fromserver cspc1n11e -frompartition /vicepa
>> -toserver localhost -topartition /vicepe
>> Failed to create transaction on the volume 536871060
>>   VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
>> vos move: operation interrupted, cleanup in progress...
>> clear transaction contexts
>> move incomplete - attempt cleanup of target partition - no guarantee
>> cleanup complete - user verify desired result
>
> These are odd messages that I am unfamiliar with.  Perhaps someone else
> will recognize them.

In the output shown above, 'vos move' successfully locked a VLDB entry, but
was unable to create a transaction on the volume to be moved.  This caused
the operation to fail partway through (though, admittedly, not far enough
that any real work had been done).  In such a situation, vos tries its best
to leave things in a reasonable state, and then prints disclaimers...

The fact that you were able to talk to the vlserver, but got
VOLSERBAD_ACCESS trying to start a transaction would seem to indicate that
one or both of the fileservers involved are missing UserList files.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer