[OpenAFS] no quorom elected again

Ted Anderson TedAnderson@mindspring.com
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 08:46:55 -0400

On 4/30/2004 08:29, J S wrote:
> I tried the udebug cmd and found that the vlserver wasn't running on the
> AFS server. It wasn't in the BosConfig so I added it in and started it
> up. I stil got the quorum error after that (but much faster) so tried a
> bos restart -all and now I get this message:

In the first message you showed ps output and there was a vlserver
running.  The vlservers must be running on the database machines listed
in CellServDB, they do not run on all the file servers.

What is in your server CellServDB?  Did you check all the database
servers to see they match?  Did you check the time on each of those
servers?  Is this the first time you've tried moving volumes or any
other administrative operation since Jan 11 of this year?

> # vos move -id logs.proxy -fromserver cspc1n11e -frompartition /vicepa
> -toserver localhost -topartition /vicepe
> Failed to create transaction on the volume 536871060
>   VOLSER: permission denied, not a super user
> vos move: operation interrupted, cleanup in progress...
> clear transaction contexts
> move incomplete - attempt cleanup of target partition - no guarantee
> cleanup complete - user verify desired result

These are odd messages that I am unfamiliar with.  Perhaps someone else
will recognize them.

Ted Anderson