[OpenAFS] an installation try

Ivan Glushkov glushkov@ifh.de
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 13:03:51 +0200 (CEST)

I try to install openafs-1.3.70 on my laptop from source. I have a Debian
3.0 with kernel 2.6.7. I get to a point in which i try afsd start, and the
answer is:

afsd: WARNING: cache probably too small!
afsd: malloc() failed for cache file inode table with -25 entries.

I cannot find any information how to install a simple afs client on a
linux machine. I downloaded the doc-s also, but there all the times it is
said "Copy the files from the source disk..." I DON'T HAVE A SOURCE DISC!!
For example I could notg understand do I need a separate partition fot my
afscache or not? I guess not...

            I would appriciate any help,
            Ivan

Ivan Glushkov				Phone:  +49 3376277304
DESY / Humbolt University		Mobile: +49 176 70029168
H1 Zeuthen Group			e-mail: glushkov@ifh.de
Platenallee 6
D-15738 Zeuthen, Germany