[OpenAFS] fs listaddr shows an error

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 10:15:20 -0500

On Monday, February 02, 2004 13:02:36 +0100 Frank Burkhardt <fbo2@gmx.net>
wrote:

> root@mekong:~ > vos listaddrs -localauth
> mekong.alpha
> orinocco.alpha
> ganges.alpha
> vos: could not list the server adresses
> vl: Index out of range
> root@mekong:~ >

Ignore the error.  What's happening here is that vos is stepping over a
list, printing out each entry, and that error is what gets reported when it
hits the end of the list sooner than expected.  There is a fix for this in
1.3.x which avoids printing the spurious error message, but it apparently
never got pulled up to the stable branch.

> I've got another AFS-server 'nebula'. Shouldn't it appear in
> the output of listaddrs, when I do a successful 'vos syncvldb nebula'?
> But it doesn't.

If 'vos listvl -server nebula' actually shows any volumes, then yes, it
should probably appear in that output.  However, there are some cases in
which it might not, depending on the version of 'vos' you're using and
exactly what data is in the VLDB.

It might be enlightening to see the output of 'vos listaddrs -host nebula'.

   Sr. Research Systems Programmer