[OpenAFS] Problems using NFS server on an AFS client

Tino Schwarze openafs-info.lists@tisc.de
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:03:18 +0100

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:48:22AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> >> It should work fine, unless you're trying to export /afs
> >> If you're having RPC errors it's most likely an NFS configuration
> >> problem.
> >
> > The directory is /pub , that is a symlink to /afs/<somedirs>/pub .
> > That can be the problem?
>
> Yes.

The userspace NFS server should IMO work. I know some people who use
Kickstart to auto-setup PCs and they have the distributions in AFS,
served to the PCs via NFS (which the kickstart stuff supports out of the
box).

You won't get any authentication though.

Bye, Tino.