(Apparent) Success! (was Re: [OpenAFS] aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell...)

Kevin openafs@gnosys.biz
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 02:47:50 -0500

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 01:32, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
> Start afsd.
> 11862791 (ktc).7 = Cache Manager is not initialized / afsd is not
> running

<meekly> oh.

I didn't realize I had to keep going in the OpenAFS docs.  The howto
tutorials tell me to kinit and aklog right away.  Looks like I'm on the
way to success here, thanks to Derrick and Jeffrey Altman (thanks to you
both for replies), so once I get it going, I'll make sure I add a note
about that in a comprehensive tutorial-type document for other folks like
me.

How do I interpret those error messages as you just did?

Anyway... It works!  Yeah!

Or I guess I should say, aklog doesn't complain now.

Is there some way to "klist" for the token that was stored in the kernel?

when I run the kerberos klist, it looks the same before and after.  That
is, when aklog failed, I still got the afs principal ticket, but aklog
complained about no token.  When I started afsd and then ran aklog, no
complaints from aklog about tokens, but no change in the output of klist
either.

Just curious.

Thanks for all the help!

I'll be in touch when I've got that howto near finished (and probably
before that time with more questions too...).

Best,
Kevin