[OpenAFS] aklog: unable to obtain tokens for cell folkvang.org (status: 11862791).

Jason C. Wells jcw@highperformance.net
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 05:55:55 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Kevin wrote:

> Hi All-
>
> I'll apologize in advance for a long post, but after spending 3 days with

I scanned the thread quickly and saw mention of NOTCM errors.  Query the
archive for "Jason C. Wells".  I have had a bunch of this trouble.  It had
to do with the well discussed "must be administrator" to run the afsd
service.  It also had to do with a difference in the way that NTLM deals
with your level of privelege on the Windows client.  I'll write more if I
find the time, but I think you may find some inspiration in the archives.

If I didn't use the MIT KDC, I would not get the error.  Some part of afs
wasn't getting permission to read the status of the afsd_service.  The
last comment I think you will read was Jeff Altman saying something about
the MS kerberos implemenation and NTLM interaction.

That's a hodge podge answer, but hopefully you can glean something from my
troubles.

Later,
Jason