[OpenAFS] Ken Hornstein's monster-patch

Kevin openafs@gnosys.biz
Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:16:11 -0500

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 14:39, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> (Kevin, I got your email to me, but I've been busy, so I'm just going
> to reply to this one).

I certainly understand, Ken.  Thanks for letting me know.  BTW, do you
happen to know Dr. Mike Bell at NRL?  I'm a former submarine officer of
the USN, and I have some close ties at NRL, Mike being one of them.

> Probably your best bet is to use Nathan's patch; Nathan's been keeping
> up with Kerberos versions, and I tend to upgrade slowly (since for
> various reasons, upgrades are complicated for me).

I'll give it a try.  For now, I was able to build asetkey and aklog by
hacking your Makefile, and that has let me get OpenAFS to be functional.
I still have much configuring to do, but now it works.  Very nice!

Thanks to all of you super-bright people who have developed and are
developing OpenAFS.  I think it's a really terrific software suite!

> >I know it's not required for using AFS with MIT Kerby 5 authentication
> >(Ken says as much), but I just thought I'd ask before moving on to
> > trying to build his other sources.
>
> Related to that ... like Jeff has already said, you don't need
> afs2k5db, and fakeka comes with MIT Kerberos 1.3.1.  You really just
> need aklog and asetkey.

Right.  Thanks for the reply, Ken.

-Kevin