[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Timothee Besset ttimo@idsoftware.com
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:27:29 +0100

Hello ..

I have read through the mailing list archive, and saw the few posts
about AFS and Kernel 2.6. It's a very disappointing situation .. and
also kind of ironic to hear people say about 2.6 that it's a 'server
oriented' kernel .. anyway, I have a Dell poweredge, I'm running it on
2.6 for performance reasons ( as 2.4 doesn't want to hyperthread my CPUs
) .. and I'm left in the cold with no AFS support.

Just to say that it would be nice if there was a roadmap somewhere
reflecting the current 2.6 situation, with maybe some ETAs, or at least
a trace that someone somewhere feels concerned by the issue. A bug item
in the tracker would do just as good I suppose.

TTimo