[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackablebug report / task ?

Ray Link rlink+@pitt.edu
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:43:22 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Tino Schwarze wrote:

> No, this does not help. The Linux-kernel people are usually immune to
> politics. They mainly follow technical interests.

This is the part I don't understand.  It seems that one of the primary
roadblocks is the lack of access to the syscall table.  Every other
Unix kernel that I know of allows OpenAFS (or anything else) to
register a syscall.  What *technical* reason do the Linux kernel
developers have for no longer exporting the syscall table?

==== Ray Link === University of Pittsburgh CSSD === rlink@pitt.edu ====
   ==== PGP/GPG Key:  http://www.pitt.edu/~rlink/gpgkey.asc.txt ====

"You know, I bet we'd all be better off if CMU had made me take
sensitivity training."    -- Derrick Brashear