[OpenAFS] OpenAFS & Linux kernel 2.6: please have a trackable bug report / task ?

Holger Brueckner brueckner@net-labs.de
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 19:21:04 +0100

i'm surprised

i never would have though that so many large installations don't use
custom kernels. i know that software distribution is a lot of work but i
would have thought that all of you having large scale installation have
their own redhat/debian/suse/whatever mirror to distribute pakets. then
exchanging the default kernel with a modified one would not be too
difficult.

what will you all do if your distributions will switch their default
kernel to 2.6 ? this will probably happen really soon and there won't be
a tested 2.6 client available till then.

Holger