[OpenAFS] Linux kernel 2.6 & AFS

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:45:22 -0600

> > So has there been any sort of communication between these three projects
> > on how to solve the authentication/pag type issues??
>
> Not an Arla fan? What about Coda?
>
> We've been keeping apprised of nfsv4 developments.
>
> Yes, we already thought of this. Many many months ago. We're not quite
> that slow.

Okay, more exhaustive list...

openafs, kafs, coda, arla, lustre, nfsv4.

I'm sure everyone's thought of this, but does anyone have code I can
look at that supports authentication for N different filesystems (where
N > 2)?

For example, what's the interface that I can use in, say, courier-imap
to ask the kernel if authenticated and able to access a particular file,
or the interface to get authenticated.

I know what the interface is now, for openafs. But I stand a much better
chance of getting changes to courier or openssh accepted if it's a generic
inteface that works with a "common" 2.6 linux kernel filesystem auth
structure.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz