[OpenAFS] solaris 8 afs/nfs translator problems

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:24:52 -0600

I just installed openafs-1.2.11 on a solaris 8 machine, and tried to set
up the afs/nfs translator.

I'm haveing all kinds of strange problems.. if I get tokens, and then run
'knfs <client machine name>', I get the following error:
knfs: failed to copy tokens (code 22)

The NFS client (a linux machine) also seems to hang up and spit out
messages like:

nfs: server inca not responding

as well as

nfs_refresh_inode: inode number mismatch

Is anyone currently running the translator? Is there some setup that
needs to happen on the AFS servers or /afs space for this to work??

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz