[OpenAFS] openafs and roaming logins: feasable?

Andreas andreas@netbank.com.br
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:02:45 -0300

Hi all

I would just like some highlevel overview about this situation and
check if openafs (plus something else perhaps) would be up to it.

The scenario is a company with remote offices and roaming users. Using
windows as the client, would it be possible for a roaming user to login
to a workstation in the remote office and have his/her usual drive
mappings show up and be accessible, assuming there is a WAN/VPN in place?

Say, I'm from city X and I'm traveling to city Y and I want to use a windows
workstation there, in our remote office, to login as usual, perhaps just
informing the login screen that I come originally from city X.