Re[4]: [OpenAFS] found some localhost error msgs

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:03:52 CT

>Reply to the list, not to me.

sorry, the list didn't appear in the "send to" list.

>On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>
>> root.afs
>>    RWrite: 536870912     ROnly: 536870913
>>    number of sites -> 3
>>       server neptune.csc.depauw.edu partition /vicepa RW Site
>>       server localhost.localdomain partition /vicepa RO Site
>>       server neptune.csc.depauw.edu partition /vicepa RO Site
>
>yuck.

that was what I thought

>> I am correct in thinking that those servers shouldn't be in there ...right ?
>
>yes
>
>you can try vos changeaddr 127.0.0.1 afs-2.csc.depauw.edu (that's the name
>of it, right?)

Yes I tried that, but then I get a "index out of range" msg and nothing works.
I uninstalled all rpm's and try to get started from scratch again. (I noticed
that after uninstallin the rpm's   stuff is still around when you try to create
it.)

First I tried to just delete the root.afs and root.cell volumes, but apparently
the box is not too happy about that.

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |