Re[3]: [OpenAFS] found some localhost error msgs

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:12:58 +0200

On Jul 14, 2004, at 4:59 PM, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Reply to the list, not to me.
>
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Ron Croonenberg wrote:
>
>> root.afs
>>    RWrite: 536870912     ROnly: 536870913
>>    number of sites -> 3
>>       server neptune.csc.depauw.edu partition /vicepa RW Site
>>       server localhost.localdomain partition /vicepa RO Site
>>       server neptune.csc.depauw.edu partition /vicepa RO Site

That has nothing to do with your CellServDB.
This happens sometimes on Windows AFS servers when you have more than
one interface and you start AFS without having  the correct ip address
up.
At least this was my experience some time ago.

Am I right, this is a Windows server???

> yuck.
>
>> I am correct in thinking that those servers shouldn't be in there
>> ...right ?
>
> yes
>
> you can try vos changeaddr 127.0.0.1 afs-2.csc.depauw.edu (that's the
> name of it, right?)

Sometimes when you try to remove that address your server will
completely disappear for a while but AFS is still working.
That's why I never worried about it. I heard from others that moving
all the volumes to another server and back would solve that. I don't
know if this helps in your case because you have the root.afs on that
server and you shouldn't be moving that volume AND the replicas.

Horst