Re[2]: [OpenAFS] bos server running on 127.0.0.1 ??

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:53:59 CT

>It's not a known (previously) bug in the Windows software, so it's
>unlikely to be fixed.

right, and it might of course be  something I misconfigured when creating that
afs server and cell on that Linux box. (I didn't use localhost etc etc when
configuring things.)

>is the bosserver running on the windows machine, or what? which 127.0.0.1
>has it?

Well, I killed the bos server on the server that is supposed to be the server
for the new afs cell.

When I use the "afs server manager" the 127.0.0.1 host still shows up with a
bosserver running.
The real server has a bosserver running too (according to the software) but
nothing else.

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |