Re[2]: [OpenAFS] bos server running on 127.0.0.1 ??

Horst Birthelmer horst@riback.net
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:25:28 +0200

On Jul 14, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

>> It's not a known (previously) bug in the Windows software, so it's
>> unlikely to be fixed.
>
> right, and it might of course be  something I misconfigured when
> creating that
> afs server and cell on that Linux box. (I didn't use localhost etc etc
> when
> configuring things.)
>
>> is the bosserver running on the windows machine, or what? which
>> 127.0.0.1
>> has it?
>
> Well, I killed the bos server on the server that is supposed to be the
> server
> for the new afs cell.
>
> When I use the "afs server manager" the 127.0.0.1 host still shows up
> with a
> bosserver running.
> The real server has a bosserver running too (according to the
> software) but
> nothing else.

The AFS server manager always lists a running bosserver.
I never saw one without that, even if the server is off (which means no
power).

I have no idea why. I just noticed that behavior, too.

Horst