Re[4]: [OpenAFS] bos server running on 127.0.0.1 ??

Ron Croonenberg ronc@depauw.edu
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:42:47 CT

Ok, I finally figured it out, I think.

Somehow the localhost got into the VLDB, maybe/probably that was because of the
"misconfigured" /etc/hosts file.

After I managed to get the VLDB fixed (well uhm,  I reinstalled AFS), I could
remove the "127.0.0.1" server from the cell in the windows client. (It probably
ended up in there because the cell was "advertising" it.)

looks like it is working now.

On one (seperate, different cell) I create backup volumes of all existing
volumes. These backup volumes I dump to a file. Can I move the files to another
server and then use vos restore to restore the volumes again ?

Do I have to create all the accounts etc first ?  or will vos do that too ?

thanks,

Ron

1879:
     Thomas Edison gets an idea, and his brother Timmy says,
     "Hey, what's that thing over your head?
 Ron Croonenberg               | Phone: 1 765 658 4761
 Technology Coordinator        | Fax:   1 765 658 4732

 Department of ComputerScience | e-mail : ronc@DePauw.edu
 DePauw University             |
 Julian Science & Math Center  |
 602 South College Ave.        |