Re[4]: [OpenAFS] bos server running on 127.0.0.1 ??

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 14:24:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> Ok, I finally figured it out, I think.
>
> Somehow the localhost got into the VLDB, maybe/probably that was because of the
> "misconfigured" /etc/hosts file.

sure. that was the point of the suggested vos changeaddr command. i'm
still unsure why it didn't work, but that's how it goes i guess.

> On one (seperate, different cell) I create backup volumes of all existing
> volumes. These backup volumes I dump to a file. Can I move the files to another
> server and then use vos restore to restore the volumes again ?

sure.

> Do I have to create all the accounts etc first ?  or will vos do that too ?

vos won't create accounts, but actually you don't need them to restore
stuff either. but if you want the owners of files and acl members from
your dumps to be right, you should create them with the same ids as before
first.