Re[2]: [OpenAFS] and again .... mountpoints etc...

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:54:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004, Ron Croonenberg wrote:

> btw:  the cell names are csc.depauw.edu and afs-2.csc.depauw.edu  The hosts they
> are served from are helios.csc.depauw.edu and neptune.csc.depauw.edu
> respectively. (I don't need to put the cell names in DNS, do I ?)

you do if you want to use AFSDB. you don't if you want to just put them in
cellservdb.

> C:\>dir \\afs\afs-2-cowboy
>
> but it should give me the same listing.
> (because when I do the same things with csc-cowboy it all seems to work)

how did you run fs mkmount? what arguments?

what does fs lsmount tell you about afs-2-cowboy?