[OpenAFS] Got afs token I think... but can't access cell

Davis, Adam adam.davis@imperial.ac.uk
Fri, 21 May 2004 11:35:47 +0100

I have a "Windows KDC" a "OpenAFS on linux" and a "linux client"

I do on the client......

kinit    ##no errors everything fine=20

aklog -d ic.ac.uk -k IC.AC.UK
Authenticating to cell ic.ac.uk (server server1.cc.ic.ac.uk). We were
told to authenticate to realm IC.AC.UK. Getting tickets:
afs/ic.ac.uk@IC.AC.UK Principal not found, trying alternate service
name: afs/@IC.AC.UK Kerberos error code returned by get_cred:
-1765328228
aklog: Couldn't get ic.ac.uk AFS tickets:
aklog: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm while getting AFS
tickets

[root@client1]# klist -e -f
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: user1@IC.AC.UK

05/20/04 16:57:03  05/21/04 00:57:16  krbtgt/IC.AC.UK@IC.AC.UK
        Flags: IA, Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with RSA-MD5, DES cbc
mode with RSA-MD5 05/20/04 17:03:07  05/20/04 18:03:07  afs@IC.AC.UK
        Flags: A, Etype (skey, tkt): DES cbc mode with CRC-32, DES cbc
mode with CRC-32

Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

I am guessing I have not set the principle correctly, what do people use
to set this ??? I used bos_util addes 0=20
<pwd>IC.AC.UKafsic.ac.uk

But it returns a "bos_util: failed to set key, code 512." is there an
easy way of seeing what is going on.

Thanks=20

Adam...