[OpenAFS] Move a IP from CellServer?

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth@cern.ch
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:55:44 +0100

Thus spake Lars Schimmer (schimmer@cg.cs.tu-bs.de):

> HihO!

HiHo!

> Breach is: for homedirs are RO pretty useless in kind of loadbalacing,
> or?

Yup.

> Because the users has to use the RW volume, the RO copies are
> senseless.

Right.

> In my eyes this is a breach in kind of loadbalacing the traffic for
> this volume (there are not x home volumes, only one).

Oooooops. That's a point. We've got one volume per user. Loadbalancing
by putting the volumes on different fileservers. We can move them
around. Backup them volume by volume. Mount the backup volume for the
user to give him the chance of getting yesterdays version of his files
without asking me.  ;-)

> Hey, it's weekend, have a nice time!

You too!

Cheers,

    Hendrik

--
It's not the people who vote that count.
It's the people who count the votes.